- 25 Ways To **** With Your Characters
Replace the asterisks with something along the lines of “screw.” Or, from what I got out of it: make your characters more interesting.
- 25 Ways To Make Exposition Your *****
The meaning of “Show, Don’t Tell” and other tips on how to keep your writing alive.
- List Making & The Creative Process | Jane Friedman
If you know me well, you know I am a fiend for making lists. They help. Seriously.
- TalkToYoUniverse: Insiders and Outsiders (in Worldbuilding Cultures)
A great article when you’re having trouble realistically portraying your world.
- Wordplay: Maintaining Your Enthusiasm Until the Book Is Completed
Tips and advice on keeping yourself on track.
- Wordplay: When Your Story Doesn’t Turn Out Like You Planned
For all those who struggle with this (myself included!)
- YA Muses: Revision Checklist (Reprise)
One writer’s checklist from beginning to end.
- Superhero Nation: 8 Reasons Authors Don’t Complete Their Manuscripts
Once you identify your problem, solving it is that much easier.
- 17 Stock Plots
Which plot is yours?
- Craft etc. « jessicamorrell.com
Author of one of my favorite how-to books (Between the Lines) — she gives her no-nonsense advice to aspiring authors
- Dean Wesley Smith » IP Lawyers
A list of Intellectual Property Lawyers for writers looking to publish.
- Self-publish or small publishing house? How to decide « Nail Your Novel
A good evaluation of which avenue works for you.